Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Painting Animal Masks

Painting animal masks


What We did today

Today at Kauri class at Oruaiti school we learned how to put a layer of paint onto our paper mache masks. We used paint brushes to make a solid layer around the outside, and then we used sponges to dab paint onto the inside of the face and the nose. When I finished my mask I decided to get a bit of black paint and put it on the top of the nose, because mine was a hedgehog. When we were finished with our masks, we put them outside to dry. But then it started to rain and the masks got a bit wet, But luckily we managed to get them inside before the rain got heavy.

What I used

Paintbrush, sponge, brown paint, creamy brown paint, black paint, golden brown paint, and dark brown paint.

My next steps

Don’t let the paints mix up.

12 comments:

  1. You did really well today Cooper. I love how you are communicating with clarity and precision in all of your learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora. I am Arabella from St Mary’s School.
    I really liked your animal mask
    I learnt About your animal

    Maybe you could Make a pig one out of cardboard.
    Please visit my blog
    here

    Mā te wā
    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your idea of a pig mask Arabella, when I have time I can visit your blog but at the moment me and my class are a bit busy getting a school production ready :)

      Delete
  4. Kia ora. I am Sione from St Mary’s School.
    I really liked How you took photos of your masks and what you're doing.
    I learnt that It takes time to make animal masks.
    Maybe you could tell us the steps to how to make animal masks?
    Please visit my blog
    here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I really like how you posted this nice comment. I'll visit your blog when I have time, but at the moment me and my class are a bit busy getting a school production ready.

      Delete
  5. Kia ora. I am Kylah from St Mary’s School.
    I really liked how you describe it.
    I learnt that you are not aloud to mix the colours together.
    Ka pai Cooper for your mask.
    Please visit my blog
    here

    Mā te wā
    Kylah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting your blog sounds like a good idea so I'll have a look when our school production is out of the way :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. TOP OF THE MORNING TO YA LADDIES! This is cool. maybe you could post summit about our writing? JORDAN! SHUT IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i mean summing (something)

    ReplyDelete
  9. im kidding, the writing will prolly crash your blog. so dont post it plz

    ReplyDelete